Knauf Insulation’s thermal and acoustic insulation is made from highly resilient, inorganic glass fibres bonded with ECOSE® Technology, a revolutionary binder based on rapidly renewable materials instead of petro-based chemicals. ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied carbon and contains no added phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colours found in traditional glasswool insulation.
Knauf Insulation’s product range provides a cost-effective thermal and acoustic barrier for energy-efficient construction. The consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient fibres make fabrication easy and installation fast.
Knauf Insulation’s products can be used in timber and metal frame applications in residential and commercial buildings and are suitable for use in MDH applications.
Knauf Insulation’s product range offers a selection of sizes, thicknesses, densities and R-values. Knauf Insulation’s products are highly resilient, moisture resistant and non-combustible. Thanks to the ECOSE Technology products can be compression packed and they will recover to their nominated thickness on opening which greatly reduces transport, storage and handling. Knauf Insulation’s range provides high sound absorption qualities and can be used in acoustic systems as well as in fire-rated systems where glasswool is specified.
Knauf Insulation glasswool insulation is non-combustible in accordance with AS 1530.1. When used within the fabric of the building it can contribute to the building’s fire performance.
Knauf Insulation glasswool products:
- Are manufactured in a large range of R-values and thicknesses to meet thermal requirements
- Provide acoustic performance. Knauf Insulation’s glasswool range has been tested by Marshall Day Acoustics and is available for acoustic modelling of STC and IIC in Insul, the acoustic software developed by MDA
- Are non-combustible in accordance with AS 1530.1
- Are manufactured with DriTherm® Technology which provides moisture-resistance and therefore enhanced durability
- Are manufactured with ECOSE Technology reducing environmental impact, contributing towards low carbon goals and meeting various environmental programs e.g. NZGBC Homestar and Green Star and Living Building Challenge (Declare Label Red List Free)
- Are compression packed reducing transport and storage on site
- Are easy and fast to install, reducing labour time and cost
Technical Data Card
1. FRR = non-combustible; Contributes to fire system performance
2. STC = varies on density and thickness specified; highly sound absorbing; contributes to acoustic system performance
3. R = range from R1.3 50mm product to R6.3 275mm with a thermal conductivity as low as 0.032 (W/mK)
4. Maximum points for Homestar and Green Star NZGBC programs
5. Check manufacturer’s website for the latest products: www.knaufinsulation.co.nz